Sunday, February 03, 2008

Yes We Can

Watch this. Seriously. Do it. It's an Obama-supporting video, but if you aren't down with Obama, watch it just as a little pick-me-up of inspiration. It can be viewed without partisanship.
Here are my observations:
1) When your speeches can be put to music and not sound totally crazy-you are good.
2) This was recorded on January 30th and 31st, based on a speech given two and a half weeks ago and I am watching it, all slickly produced and professional, on February third. Sometimes I love living in the future.

Update: Liza at culturekitchen had the following take on the song/video:
"I believe the measure of a leader is in their ability to inspire their supporters creatively."
Ding ding ding. Ladies and gentlemen we have a winner!

1 comment:

bjkeefe said...

My first reaction was, "Eh, it comes dangerously close to 'I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing In Perfect Harmony.'"

But then I watched the original speech, from which the words were drawn to make the music video, and then watched the musical one again, and then ... well, of course I ended up posting it on my blog, too.

It's hard to let go of one's cynicism sometimes, not to mention fear of disappointment, but I'm growing ever more hopeful.